This is one of my own inventions as an excuse to use up my basil. I’ve have two potted basil plants that have been growing insanely this summer.
- Flattened 4 check breast (if they are very large cut them in half).
- Season with chicken with salt and pepper, layer basil, mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes and roll up the chicken. Use toothpicks to keep chicken breasts rolled up.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the rolled up chicken breasts and bake in the oven at 425 F for 25 minutes. Check them until they are cooked through. Cooking time may vary on size of chicken.
- Cook angel hair pasta until al dente.
- Cut in half a couple handfuls of cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes in olive oil, crushed garlic and pesto.
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Chop mangos and serve on top of pasta salad.
- Heat about 1-inch of oil in heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer inserted in the oil registers 340 degrees F.
- Line a large plate with paper towels.
- Peel the plantains and discard the skins. Slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Fry the plantains in oil, turning occasionally, until a golden brown color, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- The longer the plantains fry the sweeter they are. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the plantains with a little salt and brown sugar.